Friday, February 13, 2009

It is she, isn't it?

We are prisoner of our thoughts and dreams. For in them we see not who we are but who we want to be. And there lies many a problem. When we are unable to distinguish between us in reality and us in dreams, we end up dejected because of misplaced expectations.


Thanks da! That was so helpful. It is as universal as 'desire is the root cause of all evil'. It does not help one bit.


Well then, tell me what would help you?


I don't know. If I had known that, then I would have to gone to the place where I could find solution, not to you to understand my problem.


I see. So, well, what or who is bothering you?


Hmm.. I think it is the “who” and hence the “what”.



... or “what” and the “who” are mixed here. I don't know. Why don't you tell me.


If you want me to spell it out,, then you will get universal statements. . It is she isn't it?


Yeah!


So what about her?


Well, it seems like a forced conversation every time I talk to her. I mean conversations were simple, free flowing - like the way she writes. Not the simple part but the free flowing part. Its not like I have conversations daily, but then … you know..


So what has changed?


Guess I have. She has. We both have. May be the context has. But I wish she looks at things differently.


Why only she?


hmmm..



... but why not she?


That wasn't my question.


Don't ask me questions. Give me answers.


But I thought you would go to a solution provider for solutions, you are here for issues.


You win. Please deign to be the solution provider and tell me Oh Great one what...


Let go.


Huh? She is not...


I tell you this because I know you and her. Let go. She is and will be a special friend. But then don't define special by the 'what' in the conversations but by how it feels for both of you. Now for the universal motherhood statement - You don't need to change friends as long as you accept that friends change.


Yikes. Eeeks! You can’t get more cornier, can you? I though you were better. Don't give me that now. I used to get these statements in greeting cards on friendship day when I was sweet 16. So spare me.


Well, obviously you never read those cards then.

No comments: