Sunday, September 07, 2008

Paths

I saw 'Rock on' yesterday. Good movie. Dil Chahta Hai .. part 2, I guess. But it has been shot in a very, very realistic fashion. Captures nuances pretty well. But this post is not about Rock On or about Dil Chahta Hai. Or in a manner it is.

In DCH, towards the end when Akash (Akshaye Khanna) and Sameer ( Saif Ali Khan) get back in touch, Akash asks Sameer why he hasn't proposed to Pooja (Sonali Kulkarni). In his reply, he mentions, 'Now that you are back, I am more confident' ( Or something on those lines).

In Rock On too, when friendship is rekindled there is confidence, energy and posititivity enthused into the character's lives.

Ok so, why do I write this? Well, why do I write this? I guess I share the same sentiment.

K & I are closest of friends. We spent most of college life together. Ok correction - almost all of college life. I don't think there is any one eatout/hangout place in Madras (which is affordable in college levels) that we haven't hung out at, together. Post college, life took us on separate paths. We chose to do different things and the stands we took on certain issues forced us to walk our own ways.

But, last 1/1.5 months has seen revival of one of my most cherished relationships and a wonderful friendship. I guess it is a wonderful feeling when you realise that a lot of things have changed around you but not much between the two of you. And that, is the silver lining in the dark cloud that once hung over me.

And definitely in the past 1.5 months I feel more positive and enthused. Confident and energetic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that why you've been missing from this space for so long? :-)

lucky said...

Look who is here :)

yes and no...
no because - as always - lots of work and lots more of travel. Will be putting up some pictures soon :)

hows u? and ur new location?

Ugly Osling said...

lucky you!

Anonymous said...

:)..nice post..but I don't think Rock On was about friendships anyways..:)
Somehow felt that it was more about understanding what you really really want to do with your life and then having the guts to return to that dream after straying away (and of course, putting aside all the different distractions that came in the way- like the boooootiful house FA managed to acquire..:D)..

Anonymous said...

Finally read ur blog and now leaving a comment too :) .. I loved Rock On and these are one of the few movies that really make u miss India and ur college friends... Its very true ...no matter which college u attend ,where ever life takes u after that and how many ever new friends u make... u will still cherish ur college friends and the great time u shared with them... Isn't it true most of our bold dreams are those dream't during college ... We dream abt breaking free and travelling places and its all because we are so positive and confident amidst our friends..I totally agree with your blog :)..Good one as always :)

lucky said...

vedha: i know! i know!

2d: I wasn't writing about the movie/message but just about the rekindling of enthusiasm/energy part.

nithya: agreer to most of what you have said. college life.. sigh!