Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mental Connections

Mind is an amazing thing. It travels faster than light and takes up to any place instantaneously. And it is virtually impossible to control. In Gita Krishna says

'Chanchalam hi mahabaho mano durnigralam chalam!
Abyasen tu kounteya vairagyen cha grihyate!! '
(The mind is very fickle and difficult to control. The only ways to control it are through practise and dispassion)

How I got thinking of this was when very recently certain incident reminded me of something similar in the past. And that reminded me of the person associated with it. Then next my thoughts moved on to other memories of the person to other incidents to some unrelated incident in childhood where I jumped off a tree to some train journey to a friend telling me something (lost touch with that guy 5-6 years ago and have never thought of him since then)
to a whole lot of things. Later when I tried to recollect those thoughts quite a few of them failed me.

I dont know if I'm the only person who thinks like this. But off late the memories of incidents and people aren't exactly the ones which makes me smile.

5 comments:

Karthik said...

Hmm .. Never knew that u speak all these abstract stuff too !! But maybe we are getting old buddy !!

consumerdemon said...

i'm very confused.

Anonymous said...

Me too CD :-)
When did u start delving into all these metaphysical realms ;-P

lucky said...

Never meant it to be abstract. Guess its the start of the piece which probably makes it sound like its all abstract.

I was juz wondering if people get lost in total random thoughts...

Anonymous said...

yes, everyone gets lost in random thoughts... but there is always a reason behind everthing that goes inside your mindspace.

the crux of the whole thing is not to get lost ... cause mind space so huge that once u get lost it would be near impossible to bring anyone back.

in case u feel the need to understand, feel free to drop me a question at my id sachin.raste@gmail.com

as others would say its abstract, according to me its perfectly normal.

rgds
sachin