Sunday, January 03, 2010

Through the looking glass

And here we are in 2010. Happy new year to all!


With every TV channel, magazine, newspaper and website doing an episode on the year that was 2009, I am tempted to do a similar analysis on 2009 - the year it was for me.


2009 was well, a 'more of the same' kind of year. It was the year, where at the end of it, I felt that there had been little or no progress. In all aspects professionally, personally, financially etc, I had no tangible feeling of moving forward. Well, of course my year has been better for me than many around me. I am quite aware and grateful for the same. But still, 2009 meandered, sauntered and did everything possible to slow down progress. I am unable to pin point the reason. May be it was my inertia. May be the forces conspired to keep it so.


Somewhere towards the end of 2009, I could say may be October-November, things started to change. Or so I felt. Now I am much more upbeat and optimistic about the near future. 2010 is going to be an exciting year. If not , I plan to make it so.


I am currently making resolutions for 2010. I have never made resolutions before. But now I realised that even if 20% succeed, I am better off. And these are not resolutions that are like - I will loose weight (not that I need to) or I will be happy etc, but they are a few things from my to-do list. They are specific and have clear action steps linked to them. Once finalised, I will share some of them here.


Looks like I am headed for an interesting year. Lets see!

4 comments:

rach said...

please share resolutions...i cant come up with anything :(

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

lucky said...

Rach - will do!

Anon - Thanks for the kind words!

Kavitha said...

Can't wait to see these resolutions :D. But 2010 is gonna rock for sure.

BTW I saw the same comment from anon in 3 other blogs before yours :-).