Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Progress

I have been busy over the past few months working on a pretty interesting project or series of projects. Now after almost 10 months of work on it, it has gone live. Well, in my industry where we sell soaps and shampoos, going live means seeing stuff on shelves - yeah the good old brick and mortar stores.

It is an awesome feeling of accomplishment to see ones project in-market. It is a team working on it and nothing can ever be accomplished alone, but when you can see the part of the work that you had led - being played out in-market exactly as you had envisioned it couple of months ago.. It is an awesome feeling - of satisfaction. Ofcourse markets are cruel forcing only the best to survive - so keeping my fingers crossed. Wish me luck!

There is a new feeling of confidence. New because this was the first time that there was no clearly defined end point or a goal. We had a vague idea on what it should look like but as we worked more on the project, we could articulate it better, feel it closer and finally see it for real. And as a person who measures personal development on the basis of number of different skill sets acquired and diverity of experiences that I have had versus just salary and designation, I feel I have made good progress :)

No comments: